Thursday, March 19, 2015

Life Lately

I really want to try to update this blog more often but am never sure what to write about.  I feel like my life is pretty boring typically.  I am going to try to be more intentional though in writing about everyday things and documenting my life with pictures.  I rarely take pictures but feel this is also something I am going to work on, even if I just use my camera phone.

So, what has been going on in my life?  It is finally getting warmer here after a loooong winter.  I am trying to get out and run more often.  I ran throughout the winter but am hoping to increase my mileage now that the weather is improving.  I have a goal to run several 5Ks, a couple 10Ks, and hopefully a half marathon this fall.  By running throughout the winter I am actually able to run 5 miles pretty comfortably at this early point in the year.  Normally I have to start completely from scratch since I stop running completely once it gets below the 50 degrees.  (I'm a wimp in the cold).  I'll write more about my race plans in the future - just need to nail my work schedule down so I can get races on the calendar.

I am a nurse and transferred to a hospital that is closer to home this past October.  I cut about 30 minutes off my commute which is awesome.  Plus, I was able to keep the seniority I had earned since I stayed within the same organization.  Overall it is going well and I really enjoy my coworkers.  It's still not my dream job but I am getting a lot of great experience as I continue looking for a job that fits my interests better.

There is one other big change coming that I am really excited about but I'll write about that once a couple of details are nailed down.

What's going on in your life?  Do you ever feel like nothing exciting happens in your life, or is it just me?  Any must do races that I should add to my list for the future?    

No comments:

Post a Comment