Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Motivation For Becoming a Beachbody Coach

I've always enjoyed working out and staying active.  In high school and college I was a cheerleader and also ran and lifted weights pretty frequently.  I made sure I committed part of my day to working out and staying fit.  I was committed to not gaining the "freshman 15".  After college I had to enter into the adult world and was also newly married.  Naturally, and partly out of necessity, my priorities changed and I didn't make exercise as much of a priority.  I'd still run and use free weights at home, but I wasn't always exercising on a daily basis.  Over the next 10 years, the pattern continued.  To make matters worse, I took on some bad eating habits and started drinking pop on a daily basis and regularly snacked on junk food.

Well, as you might expect, I gained about 20 pounds after graduating college and no matter what i tried, it just wasn't coming off.  My husband and I went to Disney World to celebrate our 10th anniversary this past December and had a great time.  However, after coming home and looking at some pictures that were taken of me, I realized things needed to change.  My body no longer had the shape and tone it use to.  I was upset with how I looked.  Sure, when I looked in a mirror I could tell I had gained some weight, but it took that picture to make me realize just how out of shape I had gotten.


I understand that some people might think I still look great and I don't want to offend or upset anyone, but for me, I am unhappy with my body and want to make a change.  After coming to the realization that I needed to make the change I had to evaluate how that change would occur.  I really enjoy running and being active outdoors, but it was winter in Michigan and I am not one that enjoys being outside if it is colder than 50 degrees.  I'm pretty wimpy when it comes to cold weather. So, I needed to explore other options.

I was familiar with Beachbody and had bought Turbo Fire a couple years ago (although never completed it) and thought that trying another one of their programs would be a good option.  For the next several weeks I researched the different program options and at some point stumbled upon the option of signing up to be a coach.  I read a lot of information about becoming a coach and gave it a lot of though over a week or so.  Finally I made the choice and signed up to be a Beachbody coach!


So, what made me decide to be a coach instead of just buying the 21 Day Fix program?  Well first off, the 25% discount on products was too good to pass up.  (There are some monthly coaching fees, but it still makes that discount worthwhile if you plan on drinking Shakeology on a daily basis).  Another reason I decided to become a coach is that I love to help people and am passionate about health and nutrition.  I am committed to making a lifestyle change and want to offer others the motivation and support needed so that they can make a similar change in their lives!  I want to form relationships with individuals and share tips and encouragement with them.  Additionally, it is awesome to be a part of a team of coaches that share my passion for health, nutrition, and working out!  Beachbody is a great company to be a part of!


Beachbody® Decide. Commit. Succeed.® Logo

My journey to losing weight and getting toned while eating a clean diet is by no means finished, rather it is just getting started.  I'm sure there will be bumps in the road at times but I'm not going to let them stop me. Can't wait to share some results as my transformation begins.  I am excited to see where my coaching can lead and how my life will be transformed by Beachbody!

Do you have a passion for fitness and nutrition?  Do you want to lose weight, gain muscle, or just get more toned?  Leave me a comment, I would love to talk with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment