Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Ladybugs

Generally I think of ladybugs as cute little insects.  Pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things so I typically leave them alone.  Well, no more!  At least when they are in my house.

We have ladybugs everywhere in our house and I can't get rid of them.  ANNOYING!  I don't know if this is just a Midwest thing or if it is a problem all over the US.  They have been around for the last couple months but seem to be getting worse the last few weeks.

A couple here and there are tolerable but we have quite a few in our kitchen and a ridiculous amount in one of our upstairs bedrooms.


This is a picture of one of the windows in the bedroom.  The picture doesn't do the amount of ladybugs justice.  Fortunately we don't use the bedroom upstairs for much or I don't know what I would do.  


I vacuum the ladybugs up in the house at least once a day, but it just doesn't last for long.  This afternoon I vacuumed 177 ladybugs up from just the one bedroom!  Unbelievable!

I think I'm going to have to buy some insect spray that is safe for use inside the house because this has to stop.  Do you have ladybugs or some other insect in your house?  How do you get rid of them or prevent them all together?

2 comments:

  1. That is worrying. Normally, I wouldn't mind seeing them in the garden, though they can be quite destructive if you are taking care of sensitive plants. But seeing them inside your home in those numbers is another matter! It may be time to call for some major back-up, so that you can get rid of them once and for all. Take care!

    Alta Peng @ Liberty Pest Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit surprising how much these seemingly harmless ladybugs can be an infestation, and just dot our houses in ways that isn't particularly welcome. To prevent that, I think it’s for the better that we act up immediately before they could do any damage to our home.

    Kristy Harrington @ Antac Pest

    ReplyDelete