Sunday, April 19, 2015

Mountaineer Pi Run

On Saturday I ran my second 5K of the year.  Couldn't have asked for better weather for this time of year!  Upper 50's and sunny.

Bad picture of me from after the race.
I've got to have someone else take one sometime.

I improved my time to 26:41 and managed to again place 1st in my age group!  I'll call that a success. I took almost 45 seconds off my previous time.  Would still love to get my average mile down to closer to 8 minutes though.


The Mountaineer Pi Run was held at an area Christian school  and they had one of my favorite restaurant's provide pie for the runners.  If nothing else, the butterscotch pie made the run worthwhile (although I was happy with how the race went also).

Fun medal I received for placing 1st in my age group.

The course was rather hilly which I still need to work on training for.  All the roads near me are flat so I have to think of some other locations to run at that include elevation changes so that I can be prepared for future hilly courses.

There currently aren't any other runs I'm signed up for but I am hoping to have my summer schedule finalized in the next week or so.  I've got a list going of runs I'm interested in so hopefully soon I'll be able to add more to my calendar.  Looking at doing my first 10K ever in early May.  Super excited but definitely nervous.

What is your favorite 5K if you are a runner?  Any tips for my first 10K?

No comments:

Post a Comment