Wednesday, May 7, 2014

House Tour: Master Bedroom Before and After

Welcome back to the house tour.  I was going to show you the living room next but realized I somehow managed to have not taken any "after" pictures of the room when I took all the others.  Hopefully I will take some this weekend since we are having family over and everything will be neat and clean for Mother's Day.

Master bedroom before.

So, in the meantime we'll move to the master bedroom.  This room started out like your average bedroom.  It had brown berber carpet, although it looks lighter in the pictures.  The walls were kind of a burnt orange color and the draper were a brown and white check.  Overall, not a bad look just kind of dark.  

When we pulled up the carpet we found a partially
painted floor.  They must have had a rug in the middle for a
while with the blue painted plywood at one point.

I knew I wanted to include board and batten somewhere in our house and our bedroom made the most sense to me.  Rob really didn't like the idea of gluing/nailing anything to the wall but I convinced him that it would look good and that if/when we ever took it down we would just pay someone to fix the wall. I love the results and really think it adds some nice detail to the room.  

Love the board and batten with the turquoise wall coloring.

I also love that having the board and batten on the lower part of the wall allows us to paint the upper part a brighter color and not have it look too overwhelming.  The white and turquoise really brightens the room up a lot.  I absolutely love how bright the room looks now in comparison to when we first moved in.  I also bought a new bedding set which goes great with the turquoise and also ties in well with the green bedspread we already had.  The new lighter carpeting is much softer and should hide any dirt well also.  

We both have small walk in closets.

Basically we just did cosmetic fixes to the bedroom but it is an awesome transformation just the same.  I have thought about painting our furniture but don't know what color I would paint it.  Any thoughts?  Or should I just leave it?  

I love how much room we have in our bedroom.

One thing you can't tell from the before pictures is that we added a new door opening in our bedroom.  This door leads to the master bathroom that we created out of a fourth bedroom!  Love it!!  Stay tuned for this transformation next.  What's your favorite part of your master bedroom?

New doorway into the master bathroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment