Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May So Far



Wow. I can't believe it is already the 20th of May.  The month has flown by!  So what have I been up to the last couple weeks?  Let's see...

Two Saturday's ago I ran my first 10k ever.  The weather was in the low 60's but humid and misted on an off.  But overall I consider the race a great success.  I finished in just under 58 minutes and was able to place 3rd in the 30-39 year old female age group.  It was a rather hilly course but provided good scenery.  I forgot to take any pictures and don't want to pay for the official ones.  I have to get better at remembering the pictures.  Do you take pictures at races if you are by yourself?

DeWitt Take a Breath for PH and Get Moving for MS Races

Work has been keeping me busy.  That's nothing new though.  I am currently in a 4 day off stretch which I am really enjoying.  Resting up for this weekend.  I have to work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday so no exciting Memorial Day plans for me.  Oh well, they are predicting rain here anyways.

This past weekend Rob and I finally decided to stain our deck after talking about it for the 3 years we have lived here.  I now remember why I don't really like staining decks that much.  SPINDLES.  What a pain!  Still want to add a second coat to a couple parts but overall the transformation is awesome.  Such an improvement and well worth the many hours we spent pressure washing and staining.

Rob is getting ready to wash the deck.

Before pressure washing the deck off.

So much improvement after just the power washing.
Almost looks brand new or like it already has stain on it. 

Too shady but looks so much better.
I really like how the color turned out.




















Now can we just get some consistently warm weather here so I can hang our hanging baskets to really make things look nice.  There was a freeze warning here last night and it was only in the 40's during the day.  But it could be worse, it could be snowing.

Currently I am watching my parents' dog Poppy while they are gone for a few days.  She's a pretty calm dog for the most part.  If only she liked my husband more.  She tends to bark at him whenever he comes or goes from the house.   Makes me miss having a dog, just not the dog hair.



Can you believe May is almost over?  Any exciting plans for this weekend or Memorial Day?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on placing at your 10k that is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete