Thursday, May 28, 2015

10 Things About Me

 Katie over at Bower Power wrote a post introducing herself to her readers and invited others to join in.  I thought it sounded like a great idea since I am a newer blogger and many won't know much about me. So, here goes...

1. My husband Rob and I have been married for over 11 years.  We were introduced by my sister and brother-in-law.  He and I are opposites in many ways, but it seems to work out pretty good for us generally.  

Our wedding day December 20, 2003

2. I love the Lord with all my heart and seek His will daily!

3. My first real job (babysitting doesn't count) was as a lifeguard at my college's pool.  It was a pretty quiet pool.  I was often on duty when the swim team practiced so I got to do my homework since they didn't really need a lifeguard.  Plus, it was pretty decent money for a college job.    

4. Ever since I graduated from high school I have wanted to move out of Michigan.  I love warmer weather and think I am a southern girl at heart.  But, moving isn't going to happen so I am settling for traveling as much as possible.  

5. I drive a Ford F250 diesel crew cab truck and I love it!!  A truck had been my dream vehicle since high school.  I have driven my truck for almost 10 years and can't imagine not driving a truck for my main vehicle.  I also owned a Grand Prix for a few years that I drove back and forth to school and work because of the better fuel mileage but missed my truck when driving the car.

Me and my truck right after we got it.

6. Even though I'm in my 30's I still eat way too much candy.  Some of my favorites are Swedish Fish, Airhead Bites, Mini Chewy Sweetarts, Reese's Pieces, and licorice.  But in reality there isn't too much candy that I don't like.

In my fridge right now.

7. I love to read.  Quite often I'm drawn to romance novels but I also read my fair share of Christian fiction and nonfiction.  I've been reading a lot of military nonfiction lately.

Books I currently have checked out from the library.

8. Although not a real popular sport around here, I have been in love with the rodeo since high school.  I love going to rodeos when they have them close enough to me.  Unfortunately, that means I typically only see 1 or 2 a year.  I even dreamed of working for the PBR when I was in college and will still watch it whenever I can on TV.  Someday I am going to make it to Vegas to watch the PBR or NFR finals.  I would love to try barrel racing someday as well.

I made sure we could see the college nation finals rodeo the year went
went on vacation to Montana and Wyoming. 
I also made sure we stopped to see the Cody Nite Rodeo that same vacation.
Good thing Rob doesn't mind watching rodeos too much.

9. I am quiet and shy by nature and don't talk a lot when in newer surroundings.  But, if I know you well and am comfortable I talk quite a bit.  

10.  I really don't like talking on the phone.  I don't know why but it has never been something I enjoyed.  I much prefer to email, text, or talk in person.

(Sorry for some grainy pictures.  I took pictures of pictures so the quality isn't great, but it works.)

So that is 10 things about me.  Now I want to learn more about you!  You can post and link up or just put them right in the comments.  

1 comment: