Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Time Flies

Like the saying goes, time flies when you are having fun.  This seems to describe my life right now.  I have been enjoying life and this past few weeks have gone by really quickly.  So, what have I been up to?

Several weekends ago I helped judge cheerleading tryouts.  Haven't really talked about cheerleading on my blog, but I cheered in high school and then I also cheered all 4 years while I attended Hope College.  I even coached a high school team for a couple years after graduating from Hope.  Cheerleading was a big part of my life for 10 years and I welcome the chance to get involved again whenever the opportunity arises.



When my coach requested help, I jumped on the chance to help out.  It was great to go watch/judge many current and future Hope cheerleaders.  But, boy do I feel old when I think about how graduated from college 11 years ago!!  My skills might be a little rusty but I think I could jump back in pretty quickly.


Two weekends ago a good friend had a birthday and his wife bought him a new gun. To celebrate, 6 of us went to the gun range to do some shooting.  This was the first time I had ever shot a handgun.  It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to doing it again sometime.  My husband would love to own a handgun of his own and I would like to get him one sometime, but boy they aren't cheap.  Something else to save up for I guess.

My husband loading the gun.

Looks like I kind of know what I'm doing.

This past weekend I worked so I wasn't able to enjoy the warm West Michigan weather but the rest of this week is looking pretty good.  Plus, it's Tulip Time here in Holland.  If you haven't heard about this festival, Google it sometime.  It's a fun celebration of the area's Dutch heritage.  I'm a Dutch Dancer and enjoy the chance to dance (in wooden shoes) several times over the week.  I've been dancing since I was a sophomore in high school and can't imagine not dancing each May.

Dutch Dancing

I'm in the mostly black costume
on the far right.
I'm a member of the education committee at my church and we had our annual appreciation dinner for all the volunteers on Sunday.  I was at work but I was in charge of the table decorations.  I helped set up for that this past week.  Decorations are simple, but it was still fun to plan.




Other than that it's been mostly normal everyday activities. What have you been up to lately?  Any fun plans coming up?  I am just really excited for warmer weather so I can get outside more.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have had a lot of cool things going on!

    ReplyDelete