Friday, April 4, 2014

21 Day Fix Week 3 Meal Plan

I can't believe I will be starting week 3 of the 21 Day Fix in just a couple days!  I work this weekend so I wrote up my meal plan today so it will be ready for Monday.  I am definitely getting a hang of meal planning. I probably only spent 30 minutes creating my meal plan this time.  I am pretty familiar with what is and isn't in the allowed foods list and am also becoming more familiar with what and how I like to eat.  I like simple and non-complicated foods and don't want to spend much time putting together my meals.  Every now and then I am willing to spend more time and effort in cooking a meal but it will always be for dinner when I am cooking for more than just myself.


One thing I have seen posted about a lot on different Beachbody coach websites is "Beast Meatloaf" from the Body Beast program.  Body Beast is a 90-day program that focuses on building muscle, if you are not familiar with it.  I'm not normally a meatloaf fan but am looking for something different to include in my meal plan.  I have read some great reviews and decided to give it a try and include in my meal plan at the end of the week.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  Let me know if you are interested in the recipe.


Although this is my last week of official meal planning since the 21 Day Fix program will be complete, I do plan on continuing with the use of the containers.  I am going to try to do my best to continue with the meal plan, but it is so hard for my husband and I to stick with the meal plan since we eat dinner at a different time every night and often change our evening plans daily due to what my husband needs to accomplish on our farm.  But, I am committed to this lifestyle change and and will do my best to stay accountable to clean eating and correct portions.

One other thing I think I will try to incorporate more of is smoothies in the afternoon which will help me get in a protein, fruit, and veggie while also giving me some variety.  A smoothie seems like a great way for me to incorporate greek yogurt ( red-protein) since I don't like it otherwise but can't taste it this way.  I can also include some spinach which helps me get a green container.  I have found that I often struggle to get 3 green and 4 red containers everyday but this seems like it will be a great solution.  If summer weather ever comes to Michigan, something cool and refreshing to drink in the afternoon will be welcome. :)


Let me know if you have questions about clean eating or portion amounts.  I'm no expert but I have learned a lot during this program and would love to get you started in the right direction.  Questions about 21 Day Fix? Contact me and I will help anyway I can!  I would love to offer free coaching advice on you journey to health and wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment