Saturday, April 5, 2014

Tulip Wreath

I enjoy decorating and try to do some small changes for most of the different holidays or season.  Most of my inspiration comes from Pinterest.  A couple months ago I saw a pin for a tulip wreath and fell in love with it immediately.

The pin I looked at first was from an Etsy ad, but I was not about to buy a wreath, I knew I could make something similar myself.  So,I searched for "tulip wreath diy" on Pinterest and read over several different tutorials.  As normal, there were several different methods and I combined them and came up with somethings that worked for me.

I had an old grapevine wreath that I cut some flowers off of so that I could start fresh and bought about 20 tulip bushes from Michaels.  There were quite a few different colors but I wanted something bright and spring-like so I went with pink and white.  The bushes have 6-8 small tulips on them I think (sorry, I wasn't thinking about writing about the wreath when I made it or I would have paid more attention and taken pictures).


I cut the bushes so that I had individual tulip stems and then I was able to just wedge them in the grapevine wreath with out any glue or anything.  As long as I'm not too rough with the wreath, everything things to stay in place pretty well.  I saw a tutorial that had a foam wreath wrapped in ribbon and then they tucked the stems in the ribbon, so that is an option also depending on what you have on hand or want to buy. Depending on how I hang my wreath, one side is a little fuller than the rest, but it doesn't bother me enough to mess with it.

Back of the wreath
I'm really happy with how the wreath turned out.  I finally hung it up yesterday since I was in desparate need of something that reminded me of spring.  The weather outside is just not cooperating and I am not one of the lucky ones that gets to go someplace warm for Spring Break.  But hey, at least now when I look at the wreath I will be reminded of the nicer days yet to come (hopefully soon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment