Monday, April 14, 2014

21 Day Fix Week 3 Review

I have officially completed the 21 Day Fix program!   I am happy to be able to say that I completed this program and feel that I have really learned a lot about clean eating and portion control.  I am definitely in better shape and feel more toned than just 3 weeks ago.

21 Day Fix ™


Week 3 didn't go quite as smoothly as I would have liked, but that is just how life works sometimes.  I made a meal plan but I don't know if I even stuck to what was planned for dinner once.  Unfortunately that is typical for my husband and I.  He gets busy and plans need to change. Plus I am picky and sometimes what I had planned for dinner just doesn't sound good that day.  But, I did my best to stay stick to the appropriate containers and feel that for the most part it went well.  I am going to continue making meal plans and want to get better at sticking to the meal plan.  It is important to me that I stay as close to correct container and portion amounts as possible.  But, I know plans will change and I want to be able to make healthy choices on the go as well.

Week 3 Meal Plan
After Friday and Saturday of this past week, I know I still have some improvements to be made.  I was on the road for 20 hours with my husband as we drove to Wisconsin and then back home.  I packed some healthy snacks but definitely didn't stick to the meal plan well at all.  It's hard to be on the road all day and not get tired or feel like you want some junk food to snack on.  So I did give in some, but tried to keep things in moderation.  Still need to work on my sweet tooth and I still have a hard time saying no to treats but I am determined to improve on this in the future.

Wheat Belly Diet & 50 Clean Eating Tips

As far as working out went, week 3 had double workouts scheduled for Monday through Saturday.  I skipped my workout on Friday since I was on the road from 5 am till 9 pm and just counted this as a rest day instead of doing the yoga fix on Sunday.  I did doubles every other day though and felt that is went pretty well.  The 21 Day Fix program guide recommends splitting the workouts up which is what I did all but Tuesday.  Tuesday I had to work so when I got home after my 13 hours at work I still had 2 workouts to do.  I did the two workouts but it wasn't easy.  Splitting the workouts up the rest of the time went well.  I had enough energy to complete them and really liked knowing that I was getting a great workout in for the day.  What an improvement from the first week!

Check out this killer lower body workout from the 21 Day Fix! #21dayfix workouts!

I continue to drink Shakeology everyday and really look forward to that every morning.  It is refreshing, good-tasting, and a great way to start my day.  Shakeology is something I plan on continuing with even now that I am done with the 21 Day Fix.  I want to continue being a product of the product!

Shakeology®

Overall, I am really excited with how the program worked out for me.  It set me on the right pathway to clean eating and a lifestyle change that I am committed to.  The workouts were great and I think they would be challenging regardless of whether you are a beginner or have been working out for a while.  If you have any questions about the program, contact me.  I love to answer any questions or get you started on you own 21 Day Fix!

Check back tomorrow for my final results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment